Payroll Office

The Payroll Office staff strive to show quality of character, competence, commitment and confidentiality while insuring that payments are made in accordance with the rules and regulations issued by the various taxing authorities and KCTCS’ own regulations as approved by the Board of Trustees. Our primary objective is to facilitate the pay of every faculty and staff employee on a timely and accurate basis. Our goal of providing exceptional customer service is achieved by a conscientious team of professionals, dedicated to serving the needs of ECTC through friendly and effective communication and continuous quality improvement.

Time Report and Absence Request Forms

  • Nonexempt staff are required to complete a Timesheet.
  • Regular faculty and staff are required to complete Absence Request Forms to report leave time taken for vacation, sick, bereavement, jury duty, voting and leave without pay.
  • For instructions on completing Timesheets or Absence Request forms, click on the link below that corresponds to your employment status.

Regular Faculty and Staff

View a PowerPoint presentation including instructions on completing timesheets and/or Absence Request forms.

Temporary Staff or Student Workers

View a PowerPoint presentation including instructions on completing timesheets.

Most common questions:

Q. When are timesheets due?
A. Time worked for 1st through the 15th of the month are normally due on the 15th. Time worked for the 16th through the last date of the month are due on the last day of the month.
Q. My supervisor is not here to sign my timesheet. What do I do?
A. All supervisors should have a backup plan to either sign timesheets if they are going to be absent on the due date, or have a back up person to sign timesheets as approved by Human Resources. This is typically the next higher level supervisor.

Q. I submitted my timesheet early and changes need to be made to my timesheet.
A. An email from both the employee and supervisor is sufficient for us to make the corrections in time for processing. A revised form can be sent for backup documentation.

Q. Where do I get a timesheet to fill out?
A. You can access timesheets at the following links or by contacting the Payroll Office.

 Payroll Taxes

The information and content provided on this website is general in nature and for informational purposes only. The information and products made available to you are not intended to be and should not be construed as: i.) A recommendation; ii.) Legal or tax advice, or iii.) A legal opinion. KCTCS does not provide legal or tax advice. You should contact your legal or tax advisor regarding your specific tax situation prior to taking any action based upon this information.

W-4 Federal Tax Withholding and K-4 State Tax Withholding

Changes to payroll tax withholdings should be made through Employee Self Service by the employee.

  • Login to PeopleSoft and from the main menu choose the following:
    Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-4/K-4 Tax Information


Most common questions:

Q. How many allowances should I claim?
A. We cannot, by law, advise you of how many allowances to claim. The rule of thumb is the more allowances you claim, the less amount of taxes are withheld from your paycheck and the fewer number of allowances you claim, the larger amount taxes are withheld from your paycheck. You should contact a tax advisor regarding your specific tax situation.

Q. Who do I contact if I have questions about entering my tax information on Employee Self Service?
A. You can contact the local payroll office at ext. 68603 or 68583.

Q. Who do I contact if I am unable to sign in to PeopleSoft to view Employee Self Service?
A. You should contact Ron Dickerson (270) 706-8570, or Mike Meanor (270) 706-8659.

Q. How to request a copy of a W2 form?
A. You can now access your W2 forms on your Employee Self Service. Login to PeopleSoft and from the main menu choose the following
Self Service >Payroll and Compensation >View W-2/W-2c Forms for years after 2009
or click “W-2 Reissue Request” for years before 2010.

Q. If I need help understanding how to view my payroll information on Employee Self Service, who should I contact?
A. Please contact the Payroll Office.

Local City Taxes

Employees are taxed according to where their work station is physically located. Some tax localities have additional taxes for residential status. Employees who regularly work at a location outside of Elizabethtown should contact ECTC Payroll Office to complete a Local City Tax Form to properly set up your local taxes. You may be taxed more or less than the Elizabethtown local tax depending on the location.

Contact Information

KCTCS/Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
Payroll Office
OTB First Floor, Room 107-I
620 College Street Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
(270) 706-8603 or (270) 706-8583

Pam Hamm: